Ethyl vanillin FEMA 2464 is one of the important edible flavors and fragrances and the raw material in the food additive industry. Ethyl vanillin is soluble in ethyl alcohol, glycerol, propylene glycol, etc. Its fragrance is 3-4 times as fragrant as Vanillin.
CAS NO.: 121-32-4
Molecular Formula: C9H10O3
Specifications: 99.5% min.
Packaging: 20kg fiber drums.
Ethyl vanillin is a white to yellowish scale crystalline powder with a sweet chocolate aroma and vanillin-specific aroma, basically non-toxic. It is widely used in food, sweets, candy, ice cream, drinks, and cosmetics as fragrance fixative and additive. It is also used as a pharmaceutical intermediate, food additive, and in the electroplating industry.
Appearance: White to slightly yellow needle-like crystal or crystal powder.
Odor: Similar to Vanilla Beans, stronger than Vanillin.
Melting point: 76.0℃-78.0℃
Solubility (25℃): 1g of Ethyl vanillin should be soluble in 3ml 95% ethyl alcohol, and the obtained solution should be clear.
Purity: 99.5% min.
Loss on drying: ≤0.5%
Arsenic content: ≤0.0003%
Heavy metal (Pb): ≤0.001%
Residue on ignition: ≤0.05%
Standard: Conform to GB1886.283-2016 / FCC/ USP requirements.
1. Ethyl vanillin is widely used in baked goods, ice cream, candy, chocolate, wine, and other foods and beverages. It is one of the most commonly used food additives.
2. Ethyl vanillin can give smoke full and soft flavor, enhance the fullness and sweetness of aroma, improve miscellaneous gas. It is commonly used as an additive in smoke products.
3. Vanillin series products can be widely used in almost all types of blending, often used as foundation incense, with coumarin, musk, and other cooperation as a perfume fixative or, cover up bad breath.
4. In the electroplating industry. Ethyl vanillin is widely used as a brightener. The purity needed will be more than 99.5%, the higher the purity, the better the effect.
The vanillin supplied by our company adopts the new process of the glycolic acid method. The production of vanillin in China mostly adopts the nitrous process route, which produces the toxic substance benzene hydroxylamine during the production process and produces a complex composition of sewage, resulting in the sewage treatment becoming a bottleneck that is difficult to crack for vanillin production. Compared with the traditional nitrous process, the new process of glyoxylic acid method not only eliminates the highly toxic N, N-dimethylaniline, and other chemical raw materials, but also significantly improves the product yield, greatly improves the operating environment, greatly reduces the "three wastes", and the COD concentration of the generated effluent is only 4000mg/L, and overcomes the problem that the effluent from the old process cannot be treated biochemically. The COD concentration of the generated effluent is only 4000mg/L, and the problem of old process effluent cannot be treated biochemically has been overcome.
1. Ethyl vanillin differs from both vanilla and vanillin in that it can only be obtained by chemical synthesis. Compared with the vanillin molecule, the ethyl vanillin molecule has one extra carbon atom in the chain on the right side.
ethyl vanillin structure
2. Ethyl vanillin, the FEMA 2464, and vanillin the FEMA 3107 have the characteristic aroma of pods. More or less and vanilla foods contain more or less vanillin or ethyl vanillin.
3. Vanillin is existed in nature, mainly in plants such as vanillin, and the proportion of dried pods is 2-3, which is the main fragrant substance of vanillin beans. Ethyl vanillin is a synthesized substance, the aroma is 3-4 times stronger than vanillin, and the melting point is lower than vanillin. Both vanillin and ethyl vanillin are crystals, but the appearance is slightly different. Both are safe food spices.
4. Vanillin was successfully synthesized by dr. M Harman of Germany and dr. G tyman in 1874 and it is the first flavor synthesized. With the development of science and technology, vanillin has become one of the largest varieties in the flavor and fragrance industry. Ethyl vanillin is a synthetic spice developed on the basis of reference to the molecular structure of vanillin. Its aroma is 3-4 times that of vanillin, and its fragrance is more lasting. It is one of the most important synthetic flavors in the world today.
5. Ethyl vanillin is a highly cost-effective alternative to vanillin. Ethyl vanillin has a stronger flavor than vanillin, so reducing the amount used can give the same effect as vanillin.
As an ethyl vanillin supplier, we not only supply you with the best price but also qualified China Ethyl Vanillin Wholesale in Bulk. In addition, we also offer a wide range of flavors and fragrances such as L-Menthol, benzyl acetate and thymol crystals. Welcome to contact us!
Request a Quote